Last updated: January 1, 2021
This policy describes the information we collect, how it is used and shared, and your choices regarding this information. We recommend that you read this along, which highlights key points about our privacy practices (including what information we collect, when we collect it, and how we use it).
This Policy applies to Drivers, Riders, and any other persons that use the Carbangla platform. (“Users”)
- Riders: users who request or receive transportation
- Drivers: users who provide transportation individually or through partner transportation companies
Personal data you provide us All Users are required to register a profile in order to use the Service. When you register as a User of Carbangla platform we ask you to provide your profile picture, full name, email, and mobile number. For Drivers, we also collect information about your transportation vehicle, vehicle insurance policy, vehicle registration certificate, driver and vehicle permits, and driver’s license. Information we collect through the use of our services When you use our Services, we collect information about you in the following categories
- Location Information: Our app will also fetch your location information in order to give you the best service.
- Transaction Information: We collect transaction details related to your use of our services, including the type of services you requested or provided, your order details, delivery information, date and time the service was provided, amount charged, distance traveled, and payment method. Additionally, if someone uses your promotion code, we may associate your name with that person
- Log Information: When you interact with the Services, we collect server logs, which may include information like device IP address, access dates and times, app features or pages viewed, app crashes and other system activity, type of browser, and the third-party site or service you were using before interacting with our Services.
- Ratings: When you use our services, other Users may provide us with a rating or similar rating of the service you provide for them.
- Device Information: We may collect information about your mobile device, including, for example, the hardware model, operating system and version, software and file names and versions, preferred language, unique device identifier, advertising identifiers, serial number, device motion information, and mobile network information.
USE OF INFORMATION
We may use the information we collect about you to:
- Verify the identity of Users of the Careeh platform.
- Perform, maintain, and improve our Services, including, for example, facilitating payments, sending receipts, providing products and services, developing new features, providing customer support to Users, developing safety features, authenticating users, and sending product updates and administrative messages;
- Perform internal operations, including, for example, preventing fraud and abuse of our Services; troubleshooting software bugs and operational problems; conducting data analysis, testing, and research; and monitoring and analyzing usage and activity trends;
- Send or facilitate communications between Users of the platform (e.g. location or estimated times of arrival (ETAs).
- Send you communications that might be of interest to you, including information about services, promotions, news, and Careeh events. Offer you other services provided by Careeh Limited and its partners.
- You may also send invitation/request emails via the platform itself to contacts you specify. We may use and store this information for the sole purposes of allowing you to send your friends and contacts an invitation or request for a reference, and for fraud detection and prevention.
SHARING OF INFORMATION
Personal data will be disclosed to the extent necessary to facilitate contact between different Users of the Service so that a request can be handled by the Driver undertaking to perform the service. We may share your information:
- With other Users as a condition of providing taxi services. For instance, depending on your current User role (Rider or Driver) we may share your name, personal photo, phone number, precise or approximate location, trip destination, payment method, average rating and reviews provided by Users, historical rides, and certain contact information. After the requested services have been fulfilled by Driver, we will send Users a receipt via e-mail, which may include the breakdown of amounts charged, involved Users’ names, contact information, photo, a map of the route, and other transaction details.
- With the general public if you submit content in a public forum, such as blog comments, social media posts, or other features of our Services that are viewable by the general public;
- With third parties we partner with, for example, other apps or websites that integrate with our API or Services, or those with an API or Service with which we integrate;
- With vendors, consultants, marketing partners, and other service providers who need access to such information to carry out work on our behalf;
How We Protect Your Data
We are continuously implementing and updating administrative, technical, and physical security measures to help protect your Personal Information against unauthorized access, destruction, or alteration. However, no method of communication over the Internet, and no method of storing electronic information can be totally secure. So, we cannot guarantee the security of your communications to us and of the Personal Information that we store.
You may correct your account information at any time by logging into your online or in-app account. Users are obliged to keep the information accurate and complete. The User must report any changes in its registration data to Careeh without undue delay. You have the right to request access to the information we have stored about you as well as request that we correct any erroneous information we have stored about you. For any queries regarding our use of personal data, please contact us at email@example.com. If you wish to cancel your account, please email us at firstname.lastname@example.org. Please note that in some cases we may retain certain information about you as required by law, or for legitimate business purposes to the extent permitted by law. For instance, if you have a standing credit or debt on your account, or if we believe you have committed fraud or violated our Terms, we may seek to resolve the issue before deleting your information. Please also note that any reviews, forum postings, and similar materials posted by you may continue to be publicly available on the Platform in association with your name, even after your Careeh Account is canceled.
CHANGES TO THE STATEMENT
If you have any questions about this policy, please contact us at email@example.com